Bowflex Max Trainer Cardio Machine Reviews 2017
Of all the startup stories of fitness equipment companies, Bowflex’s a humble one. An idea started by an Ethiopian student studying in the US in 1986 has grown to revolutionize how we train. While the world of fitness machines was ruled by giant brands, Bowflex chose a different path; a path that has not only seen the success of the brand but also has brought smiles to many fitness enthusiasts. You can now have your own home gym and it will not cost you an arm and leg.
As of now, Bowflex has countless signature cardio machines retailing around the world. They have been able to bridge the gap between their once small brand and the movers and shakers in the industry.
There is one thing that ensured the company has remained competitive. Their simple designs with the most basic features have won quite a number of customers. Their products appeal to those with fitness needs first for being affordable.
Today, Bowflex pursues rigorous production plan that underscores safety of their equipment and compatibility with modern technology.
- 1 Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Cardio Machine
- 1.1 Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Cardio Machine Key Features
- 1.2 Summary of Specifications of Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Cardio Machine
- 1.3 Pros of Bowflex Max Trainer M3
- 1.4 Cons of Bowflex Max Trainer M3
- 1.5 What we like about Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Cardio Machine
- 1.6 What we don’t like about Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Cardio Machine
- 1.7 Where to buy Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Cardio Machine
- 1.8 Our Verdict on Bowflex max trainer m3 Cardio Machine
- 2 Bowflex Max Trainer M5 Cardio Machine Review
- 2.1 Bowflex Max Trainer M5 Key Features
- 2.2 Summary of Specifications for Bowflex Max Trainer M5 Cardio Machine
- 2.3 Pros of Bowflex Max Trainer M5
- 2.4 Cons of Bowflex Max Trainer M5
- 2.5 What we like about Bowflex Max Trainer M5
- 2.6 What we don’t like about Bowflex Max Trainer M5
- 2.7 Where to buy Bowflex Max Trainer M5 Cardio Machine
- 2.8 Our verdict on Bowflex Max Trainer M5 Cardio Machine
- 3 Comparison of both Bowflex Max Trainers (M5 vs. M3)
- 4 Conclusion about Bowflex Cardio Workout Machines
Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Cardio Machine
Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Cardio Machine Key Features
· Clear and easy to read display screen: you can comfortably read your data on the screen.
· 8 resistance levels: this is a relatively wide range of resistance and offers you a good way to test your progress.
· Tablet and bottle holder: you can keep your water bottle within reach. For your entertainment, you can keep your tablet on the spacious rack shelf.
· Stair climber and elliptical combined design: this allows for fast burn of calories (faster than on a treadmill).
· Free 8-week Daily Burn subscription: you will access 600 workout videos.
· Heart rate chest straps: for easy tracking of your heart rate
· 2 workout programs: not a very generous offer but something to keep you going.
· Burn-rate and target zone indicators: you can keep tabs on your targets and know your calorie burn rate as you workout.
Summary of Specifications of Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Cardio Machine
|Maximum user weight:||300 pounds|
|Power source AC adapter:||included|
|Assembled machine weight:||143 pounds (inclusive of the integrated rollers)|
|Minimum ceiling height:||15″|
|Dimensions:||L46.1″ x W25″ x H62.9″|
|Warranty:||1 year cover|
Pros of Bowflex Max Trainer M3
· The chest straps keep track of your heart rate. It is a big plus for those looking forward to a healthy heart (everybody does anyway).
· It comes in a unique design optimized to burn tons of calories
· Free access to Daily Burn for 8 weeks with as many as 600 workouts videos
· Small footprints with extreme compactness
· With zero impact on your joints, knees and back; you can keep working out for long
· Compared to traditional elliptical, this one offers better upper body workout
· With a gauge on display you can easily and clearly read data
· The media shelf is strategically placed for convenience and easy access
Cons of Bowflex Max Trainer M3
· No contact heart rate grips
· 8 resistance levels are less as compared to the M5 model, which has 16 levels of resistance
· The all-inclusive warranty cover takes one year. It would have been longer according to a number of customers.
· No in-built speaker and no iPod connection. The machine could use some work on the entertainment front.
What we like about Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Cardio Machine
· Compact design: as compared to treadmills, this Bowflex trainer takes lesser floor space. Its footprint is 46 inches by 25 inches with a weight of 143 pounds.
· Better upper body workout: in comparison to other elliptical, Bowflex Max trainer M3 is a better performer.
· Impact-free: if you have ever been to a gym, you know that impact is an important aspect. This Max Trainer has zero impact thus ensures your legs and arms are in constant seamless motion. No room for injuries on this machine.
· Two user profiles: it allows two users to keep their data. You can share it with someone else and still have your data separately kept.
· The offered extra features: the rack ledge has enough space to keep your tablet. Besides, there is also a reading space and a water bottle holder.
· Very high intensity: you are not losing any energy to impact. This allows youto train at high intensity and the results are just amazing.
What we don’t like about Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Cardio Machine
· Not backlit: if you train at night with no lamp nearby, it is not possible to read your data.
· Some discomfort for small trainees: the arm bars are placed wide apart making it extremely difficult for small trainees to keep working out for long.
· No entertainment: the simple console does not offer any form of entertainment. You can only place your tablet on the rack.
· Assembly needed: you can take up to an hour or pay someone to get the machine assembled for you.
Where to buy Bowflex Max Trainer M3 Cardio Machine
You can make your purchase at Amazon. Great price, manufacturer’s warranty and prompt customer service will come with every purchase you make.
Our Verdict on Bowflex max trainer m3 Cardio Machine
Bowflex Max Trainer M3 is a great machine for intermediate to elite athletes. If you are looking to maximize your energy on working out, this is the best machine for your money. It burns tons of calories within a short time. The only drawback is that it will not last long as compared to other treadmills in its price range.
Bowflex Max Trainer M5 Cardio Machine Review
Bowflex Max Trainer M5 Key Features
· 16 levels of resistance: offering a wide range of workout challenge. They are largely made for those who are already fit.
· 8 workout programs: you will not be getting into a fitness plateau soon.
· Bluetooth 4.0 compatible: for easy online data tracking.
· Comes with both contact and wireless pulse sensors
· Media ledge: adequate space to read or keep your tablet
· Water bottle holder: ensures that you stay hydrated at your convenience
Summary of Specifications for Bowflex Max Trainer M5 Cardio Machine
|Workout programs:||8 (in-built)|
|Levels of resistance:||16|
|Maximum weight capacity:||300 pounds|
|Assembled product weight:||143 pounds|
|Dimensions:||L46″ x W25″ x H63″|
Pros of Bowflex Max Trainer M5
· In about 15 minutes, you will burn tones of calories. This rate is faster than on treadmills and the lot of elliptical.
· Greatly designed and will work just fine for both beginners and pros though beginners will find it challenging with the highly set resistance levels.
· With 16 levels of resistance, you have enough challenges to keep you motivated.
· Display with a gauge, which is not only easy to read but also motivating
· Small footprint hence does not take up much of your floor space.
· Offers 8 in-built workout programs.
· 8-week free subscription to Daily Burn giving you access to over 600 workout videos.
· Comes with a media shelf and a cup holder
Cons of Bowflex Max Trainer M5
· Does not have iPod and speaker connections. Tough luck for you if you cannot train without some entertainment.
· At its performance and features, it is quite expensive and its 2 years of warranty is not a ture reflection of your serious investiment.
· It is a noisy piece. The fan makes noise that will drain your TV or any music from your media player.
· Assembling will take you a minimum of one hour or worse still you will have someone to get it assembled.
What we like about Bowflex Max Trainer M5
· Resistance: 16 levels of resistance is your prize when you buy this machine. This is a wide range to keep your workout challenging. For those who are already in perfect shape, they will not risk a fitness plateau.
· 3-in-1 design concept: the Max trainer M5 is 5 percent torture (of course in a good way), 25 percent elliptical and 70 percent stairs-stepper. You will get solid workout; shedding calories at a very fast rate.
· Smartphone savvy: you can link your workout to Apple’s health kit or to a tracking app. It becomes a piece of cake to keep track of your progress.
· Zero impact training: you body is in constant contact with the machine. There is no hitting the surface like in treadmills thus saving you joint, knees and back pains.
· In-built programs: you will be ushered into 8 workout programs for diversified training. They are: fitness test, calorie burn, max interval, calorie goal, steady state, fat burn and stairs.
What we don’t like about Bowflex Max Trainer M5
· Best for those who are in fit shape: for beginners, even the lowest level of resistance will not be easy. It is created for the elite crop; sorry if you are making your baby steps into working out.
· Assembly: one hour on assembling this machine or seeking help with it does not augur well with a lot of users.
· Highly priced: for those who do not have much to spare, the asking price of Max trainer M5 is prohibitive. Moreover, the 2-year warranty does not reflect on the money you are spending on this machine.
Where to buy Bowflex Max Trainer M5 Cardio Machine
Amazon is the place to be if you are thinking of buying Bowflex’s max trainer m5. Great customer service and competitive pricing are some of advantages coming your way.
Our verdict on Bowflex Max Trainer M5 Cardio Machine
Bowflex max trainer m5 is a great machine for exercise. It gives you a solid workout with no impact at all. However, its competitiveness is marred by a number of design mistakes, one of which is the noise it makes during the signature 14-minute workouts. Despite a few of the flaws it comes with, you will find yourself climbing on it every now and then for that satisfying workout. After all, isn’t that the idea behind buying a workout machine?
Comparison of both Bowflex Max Trainers (M5 vs. M3)
Conclusion about Bowflex Cardio Workout Machines
Video about Bowflex Cardio Workout Machines:
It is no secret that the market is filled with all kinds of cardio workout machines. Even for buyers it becomes an exhausting task trying to find the best brand to buy. So, in all this galore of brands and models of fitness machines; where do Bowflex stand?
1. On Quality range
From the reviews done earlier, it is objective to conclude that Bowflex has ensured that quality is adhered in every machine they make. The impressive reviews and customer feedback could be used a parameter to this truth.
While we are not saying the Bowflex makes the best quality of fitness machines in market today, they have definitely won themselves a good place with the customers. They have a machine meant for the beginners and those who do not have so much to spare. For intermediate users, Bowflex has quality to match their needs. And the same goes for the pros who would want a top quality machine.
2. Price range
From a sincere point of view, Bowflex has some of the most affordable cardio machines in the market today. With less than $500 you can get fitness equipment for your home gym. Do not be deceived by the low price range; these machines are of great value.
On the other hand, the company has some high-end cardio machines competing with the best brands in the market not only on price but also on performance and features. It will not be a bad decision for pros who want to get value for their money if they choose Bowflex. In some instances, the cardio machines perform better than the treadmills and the family of elliptical.
There is no denying that Bowflex cardio machines have their flaws. Indeed, none of the available fitness equipment comes without some drawbacks. But Bowflex has done all that in their power to give the best to customers and for very competitive prices and gratifying quality. Their performance is beyond doubt and you get what they promise: exactly what everyone wants from fitness equipment.