NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill Review 2017
NordicTrack C 1750 Review
You know choosing a good treadmill that can fit your needs can be a tricky endeavor. You are here because you want to find out more about NordicTrack Commercial 1750 treadmill and need to decide if it is the right one for you. You would like to know the features, dimension, weight, the advantages and disadvantages, the best place to buy, the unit price, and much more information about the product, before making your decision. If you are looking for answers to these questions, you have come to the right place.
Click the item in the table below to skip to your most pressing question, or continue to read the whole review.
- 1 What is NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill?
- 2 What are NordicTrack 1750 Features?
- 3 How To Assemble NordicTrack Commercial 1750?
- 4 What are NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill Problems?
- 5 What is NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Warranty Policy?
- 6 Pros of NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill
- 7 Cons of NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill
- 8 Where to Buy NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill?
- 9 What is the Verdict?
What is NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill?
NordicTrack Commercial 1750 is one of the best home treadmills on the market. The 1750 is the most popular NordicTrack treadmill, and it comes with one of the most complete sets of features and functions among the treadmills available on the market. With this NordicTrack treadmill, not only you get excellent features with emphasis on durability, but you will also enjoy convenience and safety. It simply far exceeds the typical expectations. Updated for 2016, the machine adds adjustable tablet rest and quieter decking.
What are NordicTrack 1750 Features?
The Control and Monitor
NordicTrack Commercial 1750 treadmill comes with a quick touch handle control, built into the cardio monitor grip. It will give you the ability to adjust the speed and the incline angle easily without the need to take your hands off the grip and losing focus on your exercise.
It can also help you monitor your pulse. It uses two methods to read your pulse: using the Polar® T34 Wireless Chest Pulse Strap, and through sensors in the two handlebar grip. You put the pulse strap around your chest, let it read your pulse while you’re exercising, and send the data to the main unit. And if you grab the handlebar during your running, the sensors will work automatically. Both data will be analyzed, summarized, and displayed on the touch screen.
Eager runners rejoice! NordicTrack 1750’s tread belt is built with high-quality materials and designed to be roomy enough for more comfortable exercise. The 60” x 22” workout area is 2” wider than the most other treadmills and long enough to accommodate most runners.
The treadmill is powered by 3.8 HP motor (continuous duty). The motor has enough power to keep the belt running under all condition. It’s also covered by a lifetime warranty so you can push the machine to its limit without worry.
You can adjust the track up to 15% incline to work different muscle groups. It’s as if you are running on an uphill slope. What you can’t find in most treadmills is the decline feature (up to 3%) simulating downhill exercise. You can adjust the speed of the treadmill up to 22 km/h so you can simulate real-life training, from a light walk to a sprint.
NordicTrack 1750 is also friendly to your knees and ankles. It comes with FlexSelect™ Cushioning that gives you the ability to adjust the cushioning from the soft superior impact reduction to the firm and stable surface that mimics a real firm pavement on an outdoor run. And as a bonus, it adds new technology to reduce the noise of your footfalls.
The unit can handle a person weight as heavy as 300 pounds with no problem. That’s good enough for most users, but it’s a bit below the average of 350 pounds that other treadmills in the same class can handle.
To compliment your exercise, the unit comes with 32 workout apps that can help you target different goals such as calorie-burning, incline, speed, or intensity. It is also compatible with iFit® interactive training program that can help you to get the most of your workouts. The program will track your progress, replicate real-life runs with Google Maps, and custom-tailor your workouts to fit your specific goals.
Please note that you need a separate paid subscription (monthly or annual) to utilize the full iFit features. We think the additional fee is worth the money because it enables the treadmill to sync with iFit to create interactive workouts. For example, you can choose one of the world’s running routes that have been captured in map form. The treadmill will incline and decline automatically to match the terrain while the screen will display the map following your position as if you are running in the real location.
You can watch training video via the touch screen Android-based display. And if you are connected to the internet, you can browse your favorite websites, download custom workout programs, also share your training maps with your friends and compete with them.
If you want to use your own tablet, there’s the adjustable tablet holder above the console. There’s also audio input that will direct the sound from your tablet to the speaker.
There are other features worth mentioning. The unit comes with two auto breeze workout fans that are designed to simulate the breeze that you might experience if you do a real outdoor run. The fans will adjust their airflow with the intensity of your workout and keep you always cool during your sessions.
For music lovers; the unit also comes with music port. You can plug in any audio source and have your favorite music accompany your workouts. You can ditch your earphones if you want to, and let the pair of two-inch speakers show you what they can do.
How To Assemble NordicTrack Commercial 1750?
Every unit comes with a clear instruction manual on how to assemble it. Here you can also watch a video how to easily and quickly assemble NordicTrack 1750 (from YouTube) so you should not have any problem in the proces:
However, there are several things that you should pay attention to before you tried to assemble it. The unit is fairly heavy, so it’s better that you do the process in the same place where you plan to use the unit. The purpose is so that you don’t need to move the heavy unit a lot. It’s also advisable to ask another person to help you assemble it as the process will be easier.
The unit weighs 275 pounds without all the packaging materials (which counted for more than 50 pounds by itself). The dimension are 72.22″ x 33.87″ x 57.1″ (LxWxH) and in cm 216 x 91 x 148. It means the unit will fit most spare spaces that you have at home. If you are not using it, you can fold the unit and tuck it out of your way at the corner. The small piston will help you avoid muscle strain when folding/unfolding the unit. The safety latch will keep it from being unfolded accidentally.
What are NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill Problems?
The most common complaint about the unit is about its weight. To some users, it’s – and I quote – “Heavy as hell.” So, unless you have no problem lifting heavy objects (either by yourself or by asking others to do it for you), it’s better to keep the treadmill in one place.
The assembling process is also not for everyone. Other than the weight and the static, structural parts of the unit, there are also the moving parts and the electronics. If you rather not risk missing several or all feature due to the improper setup, or if you are afraid that it will fall apart when you use it to run, it’s better to pay a technician (or two) to help you assemble it correctly.
There are few complaints about the hardware such as the motor thumping noise, the position of USB for iPad, the Operating System of the touch screen monitor, the speaker that are not loud enough, and the lack of support for USB or Bluetooth connection for music. But as mentioned before, it’s just a few.
But the biggest problem of NordicTrack Commercial 1750 treadmill is not with the unit itself, but more with its customer service. Users reported difficulties in setting up the online accounts, rude customer service officer, long phone hold when contacting them, no response from the online help desk, etc. Since customers are king, I personally think that this is a bad way of doing business on the NordicTrack part.
What is NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Warranty Policy?
Every unit of NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill comes with a lifetime warranty for the motor and frame. It means that you don’t need to worry about these valuable components breaking down because you can order the replacement with no additional cost. The parts and electronics are covered by a five-year warranty while the labor is covered by a two-year warranty.
Pros of NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill
· It saves on floor space – the Easy life technology that is featured along makes it quite easy to fold which in turn helps the user to economize on space where it is limited.
· It keeps the runner cool- it comes with three auto breeze fans that keep the runner cool as they adjust to their workout intensity.
· Provides maximum comfort for the runner- it is designed with flex cushioning that gives the runner maximum comfort as they stride along the running belt. This keeps the runner safe from joint or hip pain after a long exercise session.
· Designed with a Powerful continuous motor- it featured with a 3.8CHP motor that is able to withstand long workout sessions without experiencing a single breakdown in between.
· Easy to change Controls- the one touch controls enable the user to adjust their incline and speed levels without having to run through several options on the console.
· Long Running Belt-it measures 22×60 inches long which makes it convenient for most users including the taller runners.
· Maximum entertainment with full color screen –it is iFit integrated to give the user maximum entertainment and some extra personalized workout programs.
· It comes with a generous customer warranty – lifetime warranty for the frame and motor, 5 years on parts and 2 years for service.
Cons of NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill
· Assembly –putting together this machine can be quite difficult for an individual. From several customer reviews of this product they indicated that they had to pay someone to assemble it unlike the other regular treadmills that don’t call for a professional to put them together.
· You will need iFit to create a user ID- if you want to track your individual workout progress with your user ID on this machine you won’t enjoy using it not until you acquire the iFit subscription. Moreover all other iFit features cannot be accessed without making an iFit subscription.
Where to Buy NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill?
When it comes the time to purchase NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill, Amazon is the best place to go. Other than offering hassle-free fast shipping (with an upgrade if you are an Amazon Prime member), Amazon is also offering hassle-free purchasing and returning policy. Amazon can offer this because it stores the item in its warehouse and handles all the purchasing process itself.
In the recent past, Amazon was one of the online sites from which you could have acquired this product at a good deal but at this moment NordicTrack Commercial 1750 is temporarily unavailable for purchase on their site.
Dealing with NordicTrack directly is a totally different story. One customer complained that her order was still pending after one month, and she had to pay US$ 199 restocking fee just to cancel her order. Another one said that her credit card was billed twice, and yet the unit never came (read this HERE).
However that doesn’t mean that it is unavailable from other online stores. You can acquire it at great deal from either Sears or Sears Outlet. Both sites have their own different benefits that their customers enjoy once they buy this machine from them.
When you buy it from Sears these are the benefits you will enjoy;
· Free membership to Shop Your Way which in turn may earn you a pleasant reward
· If you own the Sear’s card you will earn yourself 5% off the given price if the machine costs over $299
· You won’t be charged any interest if you pay the full amount in twelve months’ time
· Great customer price of less than $1500.00
· You will have 30 days to return the product if you are not satisfied with its functioning
· With the Sears Mobile App you will be able to view user reviews of other customers that bought the product and get to stay updated on their best offers
Purchasing it from the Sears Outlet will earn you the following benefits
· Same as Sears, if you are a Sears Outlet’s card holder you will get it at 5% off its original price
· No extra charges once you pay the whole price in duration of 12 months.
· If you are dissatisfied with their product you can return it within 90 days of purchase if it is in its original packaging.
· You will always be free to contact the customer care for any assistance you need with the machine.
· You will enjoy a customer-friendly price of below $1200.
Unlike most other online stores, these two stores do not offer free shipping services to their customers. That means that once you want to purchase this machine from these stores you need to set aside some extra cash to pay for the efficient shipping to your doorstep.
What is the Verdict?
NordicTrack Commercial 1750 is a treadmill with premium features, solid built quality, and lots of extras. It can virtually take any running load that you throw at it. If you are serious about indoor jogging, you should consider getting this model. But if you prefer a lightweight unit, this heavy-duty treadmill might not fit you because of the weight.
The unit is feature-packed, easy to use, and build to last. It is one of the best machines in the price range.